Last Updated: February 12, 2013
nivio americas (“nivio”) complies with the U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Framework and the U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from European Union member countries and Switzerland. nivio has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view nivio's certification, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/
DISPUTE RESOLUTION: BBB EU SAFE HARBOR is our independent recourse mechanism for Safe Harbor privacy complaints.
Privacy Complaints by European Union Citizens:
2825 El Camino Real
Palo Alto, CA 94306
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
nivio americas has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the US-EU and EU-Swiss Safe Harbor Principles to an independent dispute resolution mechanism, the BBB EU SAFE HARBOR, operated by the Council of Better Business Bureaus. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed by nivio, please visit the BBB EU SAFE HARBOR web site at www.bbb.org/us/safe-harbor-complaints for more information and to file a complaint.
Any questions or concerns regarding the use or disclosure of personal information can also be directed to the Chief Privacy Officer at the address given above. nivio will investigate and attempt to resolve complaints and disputes regarding use and disclosure of personal information in accordance with the principles contained in this Policy.
Information you provide to us
We collect information about you in various ways when you use the Services, such as when you register with nivio, create or update your profile, upload and share files, purchase or rent software applications, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, username, profile picture, email address, mailing address, telephone number, country and other contact or identifying information you choose to provide. We also store the files that you upload to and share through the Services and may in limited circumstances (such as troubleshooting) have access to information contained in these files.
Information we collect automatically from you
We collect information about you when you access or use our Services, including as follows:
- Usage information: We monitor user activity in connection with the Services and may collect information about the applications you run, the websites you visit and the sizes and names of the files you upload while using our Services.
- Log information: When you visit our websites, we collect log information, including your access times, browser type and language, Internet Protocol ("IP") address and the URL of the web page you visited before navigating to our sites.
- Information collected via cookies and other tracking technologies: We may collect data using cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies to, among other things, help improve our Services and your experience, retain login information, see which areas and features of our Services are popular, count visits. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default, but you can usually change your browser settings to remove or reject cookies. In addition to browser cookies, Adobe Systems Inc. may also set a "flash cookie" on your computer or mobile device when you view videos on our Services. To manage and disable "flash cookies," visit Adobe Flash Player privacy and security.
Information we collect from other sources
We may also obtain information from third parties and combine that with information we collect through our Services.
Use of information
- Operate and improve our Services;
- Enable you to access and use our Services, including sharing files, images or other materials and sending emails on your behalf;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards and events and provide other news and information about nivio and our select partners;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- Personalize and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content, or features that match user profiles or interests;
- Process and deliver contest entries and rewards; and
- Link or combine with other information we get from third parties to help understand your needs and provide you with better service.
Sharing of information
- With your consent, including when you choose to share files, documents, images or other materials with others;
- With third party vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to your information to carry out their work for us;
- With select partners with whom you already have a relationship and who direct you to register for a nivio account in order to use their products or services;
- In connection with, or during the negotiation of, any merger, sale of company stock or assets, financing, acquisition, divestiture, or dissolution of all or a portion of our business.
We may also share aggregated or anonymized information that does not directly identify you.
Social sharing features
Our Services may offer social sharing features or other integrated tools, which let you share actions you take on the Services with other media, and vice versa. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the third party that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the third parties that provide these features.
Third party advertising and analytics
nivio takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you in an effort to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
Your information choices
You may update, correct or delete your account information at any time by logging into your account or by emailing email@example.com. You may also email firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to deactivate your account, but note that we may retain information about you as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
File sharing preferences
If you use the Services to upload files, they will remain private unless you change your sharing preferences and choose to share your files with designated contacts or the general public. You may change your file sharing preferences at any time by logging into your account.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from nivio by following the instructions in those emails or by emailing email@example.com. If you opt out, we may still send you transactional or relationship messages, such as emails about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Emailing via nivio
As part of the Services, users may send files or a notice of a shared file to one or more recipients' email addresses. These email addresses will be stored in the contacts list that the user creates and will be used only for the purpose of sending email communications initiated by the user. If you have been added to a registered user's contacts list and no longer wish to have your information used, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your California privacy rights
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. However, under the law, a business is not required to provide this information if it permits California residents to opt in to, or opt out of, this type of sharing. nivio qualifies for this alternative option. To opt out of having your information shared with our partners for direct marketing purposes, please write to email@example.com.